Saint Bernadette Church

1031 North Main Street, Randolph, MA 02368

Page 2 of 3

The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity Mass Livestream

First Reading: EX 34:4B-6, 8-9

Early in the morning Moses went up Mount Sinai
as the LORD had commanded him,
taking along the two stone tablets.

Read More

Pentecost Sunday (Vigil) Mass Livestream

First Reading (Option 1): GN 11:1-9

The whole world spoke the same language, using the same words.
While the people were migrating in the east,
they came upon a valley in the land of Shinar and settled there.
They said to one another,
“Come, let us mold bricks and harden them with fire.”
They used bricks for stone, and bitumen for mortar.
Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city
and a tower with its top in the sky,
and so make a name for ourselves;
otherwise we shall be scattered all over the earth.”

Read More

Letter of Reopening the Churches

Adoration & The Divine Mercy Chaplet

Seventh Sunday of Easter Livestream

First Reading: ACTS 1:12-14

After Jesus had been taken up to heaven the apostles
returned to Jerusalem
from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem,
a sabbath day’s journey away.

Read More

Re-Opening Guidance

The Ascension of the Lord Mass Livestream

First Reading: ACTS 1:1-11

In the first book, Theophilus,
I dealt with all that Jesus did and taught
until the day he was taken up,
after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit
to the apostles whom he had chosen.
He presented himself alive to them
by many proofs after he had suffered,
appearing to them during forty days
and speaking about the kingdom of God.
While meeting with them,
he enjoined them not to depart from Jerusalem,
but to wait for “the promise of the Father
about which you have heard me speak;
for John baptized with water,
but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

Read More

Sixth Sunday of Easter Mass Livestream

Read More

Fifth Sunday of Easter Mass Livestream

Read More

Masses are cancelled until further notice

Following Governor Baker’s Emergency Order concerning the Commonwealth’s response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak Cardinal O’Malley has established the following policies for the Archdiocese of Boston effective immediately:

  • All Masses and religious services in all Archdiocesan parishes, missions, and campus ministries are suspended until further notice. This begins at 4:00pm on Saturday afternoon, March 14. To be clear there are to be no vigil masses. Baptism, Confirmations, weddings and funerals may proceed but attendance should be limited to only immediate family.
  • The Cardinal has issued a dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass during this time to the Catholics of the Archdiocese of Boston.
  • Archdiocese of Boston parish schools and Archdiocesan elementary and high schools will be closed for two weeks from Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 27. Going forward we will consider whether this period needs to be extended.

Cardinal O’Malley encourages Catholics, and all people who would find it helpful, to participate in the daily and Sunday Mass by way of Catholic TV. Schedules and access to the televised Mass and rebroadcasts are available at www.WatchtheMass.com or www.catholictv.org and by consulting local cable providers or network listings.

During this time of extraordinary challenges Cardinal O’Malley holds as among the highest priorities the safety and well-being of all people in the communities served by the Archdiocese. The Cardinal asks all to join in prayer for the health care professionals and civic officials who are striving to respond to the needs of those who are ill and as best possible prevent further transmission of the virus.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Archdiocese’s emergency policies related to the Coronavirus please contact us at: .

All of the Archdiocese communications regarding the response to the Coronavirus outbreak can be found on our risk management website: www.rcabrisk.org.

There will be additional related information forthcoming from our Risk Management Office.

Following is original message from Cardinal O’Malley:

In response to growing public concern and following Governor Baker’s Emergency Order prohibiting most gatherings of 250 or more people, Cardinal Seán P. O’Malley, OFM Cap, Archbishop of Boston, has made the decision effective immediately to temporarily suspend all daily and Sunday Masses and religious services in the Archdiocese of Boston until further notice. This begins at 4:00pm on Saturday afternoon, March 14. In announcing this decision, the Cardinal has also issued a dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass during this time to the Catholics of the Archdiocese of Boston.

Cardinal Seán said “We live in times when many people are confused, hurt, and fearful, for many different reasons. In the midst of these challenges Jesus seeks to meet us in the same way He met the disciples on the road to Emmaus, accompanying us on the journey, calming our fears and anxieties and assuring us that He will be with us always in the gift of the Eucharist. This decision to temporarily suspend the daily and Sunday Mass is motivated by an abundance of caution and concern for those most vulnerable and the need to do our part to help limit and mitigate the spread of the illness.”

The directive to temporarily suspend the celebration of Mass applies to all Archdiocesan parishes, missions, and campus ministries until further notice. Baptism, Confirmations, weddings and funerals may proceed but attendance should be limited to only immediate family.

CATHOLIC TV DAILY AND SUNDAY MASS

Cardinal Seán encourages Catholics to participate in the daily and Sunday Masses broadcast from the CatholicTV chapel.

  • Daily Mass airs live at 9:30am and is rebroadcast at 7pm and 11:30pm.
  • Sunday Masses air throughout the day at 10am, 4pm, 7pm, and 11:30pm.
  • The Sunday Spanish Mass airs live at 8am and is rebroadcast at 5:30pm and 10pm.

Viewers can watch these Masses on demand at any time at www.WatchtheMass.com. For more information about CatholicTV and where you can watch it, visit http://www.catholictv.org/.

CATHOLIC SCHOOLS

Earlier today after conferring with Cardinal Seán, Thomas W. Carroll, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, announced that Archdiocese of Boston parish schools and Archdiocesan elementary and high schools will be closed for two weeks from Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 27. On an ongoing basis, the Catholic Schools Office will consider whether this period needs to be extended further.

The Archdiocese will provide ongoing updates to parishes, schools and ministries during this period of response to the Coronavirus outbreak.

Cardinal Seán said, “Though these are challenging times for our parishes and all members of our communities is important that we not forget the importance of care and concern for those who are most vulnerable, including the poor, our senior citizens and people who are medically compromised. I urge those who can do so to maintain the support for their parish during these difficult days in order to sustain the ministries and outreach services for parishioners and those most in need. We entrust the Church to the intercession of our Blessed Mother as we pray for the return to full celebration of the sacraments and community prayer as soon as possible.”